Midland Courier Re-zoning Initiative
What is the Courier Re-zoning Initiative?
In early 2020, our teams began working through a re-zoning initiative for our rating structure across our Courier services. As a result, in January 2021 we are rolling out a new rate zone structure for On, Qc and the Atlantic Provinces. We will move from the existing structure of 23 zones to the new structure containing 52 zones.
How will this impact you?
- An improved competitive package through improved efficiencies in the areas we service.
- Regions of Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces have all been assigned new rate zones.
- Western and International rate zones are not changing however would be impacted as a result of freight to/from the impacted zones.
- No impact to our existing delivery zones, transits or services.
- Documentation for both zone structures will be available here on our website.
How will this be implemented?
- As of January 1st, 2021 the new structure will be in effect for all customers on Midland Tariff with level rate discounting. We will be taking any special requirements such as shipping systems or integrations into consideration.
- Others will be transitioned at a time that will be communicated to you by your Account manager.
Do you need additional information?
Please feel free to reach out to your Account Manager if you have any questions, or contact our Customer Experience Team at 1 888 643 5263.